It is important that every member of your group is covered by travel insurance from the time of making a booking. This protects each person against the need to cancel the holiday/tour in certain circumstances and to provide assistance if they’re injured or ill at their destination.
If you decide not to purchase TEAM Sport Travel’s policy, you must ensure that the policy you have arranged is at least as good as the TEAM Sport Travel policy and that it covers all sports and activities that you will undertake as part of the tour. You must also provide us with a copy of your policy in order that we could assist should you encounter any difficulties at the destination.
Our youth group travel insurance policy is designed to cater for the insurance needs of travellers whilst travelling on a trip arranged by Team Sports Travel. The product provides cover including emergency medical assistance and medical costs, protection in the event of cancellation or curtailment, cover for loss, theft of or damage to baggage and group money.
Key features and benefits:
- A 24 hour helpline for medical emergencies
- Emergency medical expenses in the event of illness or injury Protection against cancellation or curtailment charges
- Cover for loss or damage to baggage and personal money
- A wide range of sports and activities covered including winter sports
- Additional cover available for Category 1 and Category 2 activities (as an example, please note that hockey is classed as a type 1 activity and football and rugby as a type 2 activity)
Key eligibility criteria and exclusions:
- Not available to anyone aged 86 or over
- Travellers must be registered under the healthcare system of their home country
- No cover under cancellation or curtailment charges, emergency medical expenses or personal accident relating to any reason set out under ‘Important conditions relating to health’ – see group policy wording
- No cover where the FCO or World Health Organisation has advised against travel No cover where travel is not departing from and returning to your home country Each claim will be subject to a £95 excess wherever an excess applies
The table below displays a summary of the maximum amounts which are payable under each section. Please note the group policy is subject to terms, conditions, limits and exclusions – please refer to the group policy wording and the statement of insurance for full details of the cover available.
|Cancellation or curtailment charges||£3,000||£95|
|Emergency medical & other expenses||£5,000,000||£95|
|Emergency dental treatment||£250|
|Replacement group leader||£5,000|
|Personal accident (subject to age)||£30,000||£0|
|Single article, pair or set limit||£200|
|Valuables limit in total||£300|
|Group money, passport & documents||£95|
|Currency, notes and coins||£500|
|Other group money and documents||£500|
|Passport or visa|
Team Sports Travel is an appointed representative of Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register by visiting its website at https://register.fca.org.uk/.
Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited. Company No. 856706 registered in England at Shurdington Road, Cheltenham Spa, Gloucestershire GL51 4UE.